Friday, March 6, 2009

.To Pierce or Not to Pierce...

(clearly not mine...)

I have been in debate with myself over the last 15 months on whether or not to pierce holes through my sweet little munchkin's perfect ears. At times I think it's barbaric, and other times my keep-it-stylin'-mommy side kicks in and says, "Beauty takes pain." I have to admit, on more than one occassion my little darling has been mistaken for a..... gasp...... boy. Even the Dr. that delivered her continues to call her a boy. It's devastating and I can't help but feel sorry for the little squirt, knowing she has no clue people are questioning her gender as she picks her nose and wipes the content onto her PINK Converse shoes.


I think it's ridiculously adorable when little babies have their ears pierced. But there's still a part of me that wants to savor this magical girly event for when she's older and can be excited for it (or, use it as collateral for her to be a good girl for the next 13 years like MY mom did to ME).


So I ask you moms....... PIERCE or NO PIERCE???


And... if you HAVE had it done on your child..... comments?? Did it hurt them?? Did it get infected?? How about them pulling on it...?? Help!
~jill

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, tough one. I do think its cute when you have little studs. Cant help you on any of your questions though. I say go for it! Especially if people cant tell by the PINK shoes, that she is a girl. Seylah used to get that ALL the time too. Pink and all.

    xx ahna

    ReplyDelete
  2. clearly I should comment, when I am not logged in here - haha!

    xx ahna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say do it. Obviously I am going to say that because I got Kendalls done at her 3 month check up lol (I am lucky her pediatrician offers ear piercing!) We have had no issue with infection, honestly I don't even think she knows they are there! And it's so stinkin' cute! Hope this helps :)

    -Ambra

    ReplyDelete